Saturday, January 11, 2014

Where Did I Go: A Lovebug Update

Holy Moly it has been more than three weeks since the last time I have written. OOPS. I would like to apologize but honestly I had a really good excuse. Remember my last post where I joked that by finally being willing to wait for my daughter to show her beautiful face that she would most likely come asap as things like this always happen to me. 

"And I secretly hope that by posting this blog post about my process of waiting for her, will make her come faster. Usually when I get to the point of trying to relax and wait for change, is usually when change occurs in my life. Ironic, no?"

Well I was right. That post was written December 17 and on December 18 at 2:30am my water broke! Talk about timing. I woke up my husband (he must have been light sleeping because as soon as I touched him and called his name, he shot out of bed with a "did something happen?") and we rushed (not really, I wasn't having contractions so husband took a shower and I triple checked to make sure we had everything we needed in our bags) to the hospital. The nurse who was in charge of admitting the patients just had to look at all the bags my husband was carrying and she knew that we were here to deliver a baby. She didn't even see me until after she got all of the paperwork needed for admittance. Husbands carrying a million bags must be a common sight for her. 

I had the chance to ride in a wheel chair up to my room but since I wasn't having contractions I decided to just walk up there. Walking helps speed things along. The gentleman willing to push my chair was shocked that I wanted to walk and every five minutes he was asking me if I was okay. 

We got to our room and they double checked to make sure that it was my water that broke. Which it had. Then we had the option of either going home or getting things started by getting induced. Because we were both impatient, and because we were already at the hospital, the husband and I voted to be induced. We were just to excited to meet our little girl. (IF SOMEBODY HAD TOLD ME THAT CONTRACTIONS ARE MORE PAINFUL WHEN ONE IS INDUCED, I WOULD HAVE VOTED TO GO "WALK IT OUT" AT HOME)

They started inducing me at 6 am and by 1pm I got the highest dosage possible. Five minutes later I was in so much pain. Literally went from zero to a million in pain. Oh my goodness. The nurse asked me if I wanted an epideral and I begged her for it. 45 minutes later I was in Heaven. Contractions were zero, my legs were numb and I slept the afternoon away. At 8pm we were far enough along to start pushing and at 9:43pm our daughter was here!!!!!

7 pounds 15 ounces, 20 inches of our beautiful Lovebug. 

I know this post may seem a little rushed but in all honesty it feels like a sweet dream/blur. Even the last couple of days seem like such a sweet dream. I am a mother. A mom. I have a daughter. My love bug. I can hold her, and kiss her and see her. I am a mother. Wow. So unreal. 

I have been a mother for over three weeks. My Lovebug is the most sweetest, wonderful, amazing baby I have ever known. She is so easy. The first week she just wanted to be held, the second week we moved to our apartment and started to introduce the bassinet to her, the third week we have slowly started to get her acquainted with day and night. She has been held by so many friends and family members (and she has her favourites), she loves being massaged by her daddy, she has started to enjoy baths, we have (for the most part) figured out this whole breastfeeding thing (some feeds are better than others ... we can both be lazy at two in the morning), she has gained back her initial weight, we have been on many trips outside of the house (mostly for groceries), we have appreciated cuddle time and stopped looking at the clock. The clock was my enemy the first week. What do you mean she has to feed again? Oh my gosh its 2 in the morning. Since forgetting about time, baby and mommy are happy happy people. She needs food and she needs me. This is my job and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Even at 2am and again at 4am. Then 6am rolls around. I am here for her and she is my lovely gift. 

Thank you so much for being patient with me as I went off the radar for so long. I definitely needed the time to just be with my daughter, to have family time with my husband, to learn and figure out our Lovebug and also to have the time to move and settle into our new home. There are still so many things to learn and figure out and our home is far from being done, but I am hoping to be back in the blogging scene. There may be chunks of days were I won't write, sleepless nights may happen, however I am hoping that a three week absence won't occur again. 

With that being said I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year. 

 In her Christmas Outfit from her Grandma. Reindeer Butt.
Holding her Mimi's (my mom) hand during a nap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment